Zacup Skyrace del Grignone
1.Pasturo asd Team, in collaboration with ASD Falchi Lecco, Associazione Soci di Pasturo, the Municipality of Pasturo and the local Associations, organizes the 8th edition of the Skyrunning race “Zacup Skyrace del Grignone”.
2. The race will run on Sunday, September 20, 2020 with start at 08:30 from Pasturo (altitude 635 meters), on a route of about 27.5 km with a difference in altitude of 2650 meters in positive and negative as well.
3. The participation is allowed to athletes, both male and female, aged between 16 and 70 years and in possession of a medical certificate of fitness for competitive sports issued by a sports medicine center (as required by the Italian Law – Ministerial Decree 18/02/1982)
4. The maximum number of entries is 500. Beyond this limit, registrations will only be accepted as reservations.
5. The meeting’s scheduled for 7:30. The bib distribution is fixed from 13:30 to 17:30 on Saturday 19 September and from 6:30 to 7:30 on Sunday 20 September.
6. Registrations will be considered eligible only after the payment of the registration fee through the methods specified. In case of reaching the registration limit, the organization is free to accept new registrations in place of those who have not yet made the payment by September 17.
7. The race will take place along mountain paths with a challenging route of ascents and descents on paths classified “EE” that include some exposed passages and equipped with chains. It is necessary therefore a good physical preparation and a practice of hiking on high mountain trails.
8. The itinerary will be marked with specific signs, with flags, tapes and safeguards.
9. Several checkpoints will be established and failure to pass one of them will result in a ban.
10.There are eleven refreshment points along the course.
11.The race will be coordinated with radio communication between the finish line and the main points of the route.
12.There are three time gates for the Riva hut: 1h and 30’ after the start, the Bogani hut: 3h and 15’ after the start and the Antonietta hut at Pialleral: 5h after the start. Athletes who do not pass the gates within the deadline, are obliged to stop. From this moment the athlete who does not pass the time gate becomes a normal hiker.
13.The maximum time to finish the race is fixed at 6 hours.
14.When the finish line is closed ( time limit), assistance along the route will no be guaranteed.
15.The timing will be done by electronic chip.
16.The competitor who abandons the race must communicate this to any checkpoint showing at the same time the bib number. If the retirement does not require medical intervention, the athlete must return independently to the nearest exit point (Arrival, Refuge Antonietta, Cainallo Plans) by notifying the checkpoint. From this moment the athlete who does not pass the time gate becomes a normal hiker. The intervention of the 118 helicopter is only possible in cases where the intervention of the Alpine Rescue is required.
17.It is obligatory to follow the route indicated. In case of violation there is a penalty or disqualification. The bib must be visible during the entire competition.
18.There is a ten minute penalty or disqualification for athletes who throw glasses, bottles, etc. … along the way and do not comply with the safety rules and instructions of the staff in the most dangerous places. For safety reasons, external assistance is not allowed, under penalty of disqualification.
19.In case of bad weather the competition can be carried out on an alternative route; the organization can decide, in case of particularly difficult weather conditions, to suspend the race during its course: in this case the ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the steps taken at the last check. In case of this decision, the prize money will be halved. The organization reserves the right to temporarily suspend, or permanently interrupt, the race for all or part of the competitors if there are situations that could seriously compromise the safety of the athletes or people present along the route (e.g. helicopter rescue operations, falling stones / stones, etc. ..).
All competitors must present themselves at the start with MANDATORY OF:
bib number given by the organization
trail running shoes
glass or water bottle or personal flak (the race takes place in the Regional Park of Northern Grigna, so no plastic glasses will be distributed to refreshments.)
In the eventuality that during the course or at the arrival an athlete is found without such materials, the penalties provided for by the FISKY and ISF regulations will be applied. It is strongly recommended to use technical shoes with a marked sole (trail running/skyrunning).
21.The use of rackets is allowed in the areas marked by posters. In the forbidden sections, the rackets must be placed in the backpack. Non-observance of this rule will result in disqualification of the athlete. The organization does not provide transport service rackets
22.Claims after the race must be received by the jury within 30 minutes of the display of the order of arrival, accompanied by € 50.00 to be refunded if the claim is accepted.
23.The organization will offer the assistance-race with the support of the Alpine Rescue in the most challenging sections of the route in addition to the emergency intervention of 118 if necessary. For anything not specified in these regulations, please refer to the rules of the FISKY-ISF 2019 regulation.
AWARDS MEN/ WOMEN RANKING:
€ 1.000,00 + Cup Andrea e Gabriele
€ 600,00 + Cup Andrea e Gabriele
€ 400,00 + Cup Andrea e Gabriele
4st Place € 300,00
5st Place € 200,00
6st-10st Place € 100,00
11st-15st Place awards from sponsors